You may or may not be on s’mores overload. For some reason, as many recipes as I’ve seen that put s’mores in some form of cookie/brownie/rice krispie treat, etc. it just doesn’t get old.
So of course when I was putting together some baked good packages for a friend I had to include something s’mores. I wanted it to be something that would travel in the mail without losing its form or taste in a couple of days. These Individual S’mores Brownies seemed up for the challenge.
I used a simple crust of graham cracker, my favorite brownie recipe, and topped them off with marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. They are easy to make but cute and delicious to eat. The graham crackers add a nice texture to each bite and of course the gooey marshmallow tops it off nicely.
Take these to your next barbecue!
Individual S'mores Brownies
Yield: Makes 2 dozen brownies
- 5 or 6 graham cracker sheets
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 muffin tins by greasing or spraying with cooking spray
- Break graham cracker sheets into pieces and fit them into muffin tins to act as a crust; set aside remaining graham crackers and crumbs for topping
- Melt butter and chocolate in large sauce pan over low to medium heat
- You can also melt chocolate and butter in the microwave (I recommend heating for 30 seconds at a time and stirring to prevent burning the chocolate)
- Whisk in sugar
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla
- Whisk in flour until smooth
- When batter is smooth, spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter into each prepared cup
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until tops are puffed up slightly and toothpick comes out clean
- Remove brownies from oven and press 4-5 marshmallows into top center of brownies and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs
- Place back in oven for 1-2 or until marshmallows have puffed
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing brownies from pans
What is your favorite way to enjoy s’mores?