This will be the first in a series of guest posts throughout the summer. I have some great bloggers joining us to share some of their favorite desserts! I’m excited to start with Erin from The Spiffy Cookie. She has a wonderful blog with creative and delicious recipes and this one is amazing! Some of my favorite sweets that she posted include these Blueberry Blondie Cheesecake Bars, Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Ice Cream, and this Cookies and Cream Peanut Butter Pie. I want all of it! She has some great savory dishes too, but you know me and desserts:-)
Why hello there! My name is Erin and I’m guest posting here today from The Spiffy Cookie. I had the pleasure of Lauren guest posting on my blog last month with her Cream Cheese & Jelly Pound Cake, and am just as excited to now guest post on Keep It Sweet. Especially since I have some killer mini s’mores pies to share.
The blogosphere is overflowing with all kinds of s’mores recipes this summer and I cannot get enough of it. But I wanted to enhance this traditional treat by either incorporating chocolate chip cookie dough, or peanut butter cupsinstead of plain old (boring) chocolate. Like Lauren, I am a huge peanut butter fan but cookie dough in a s’more is something I don’t think I have seen yet. But again, peanut butter is so good! Dilemma.
I’ve never been good at big decisions, and yes dessert is exactly that, so I put up a poll-tweet to help the decision process. Most followers said “both”, so what the heck, I decided to do both in combination! What could possibly go wrong? Oh no it’s too much I cannot bear it… not possible. Prepare yourself for deliciousness.
A chewy and soft nugget of cookie dough is hidden underneath a peanut butter-chocolate mousse mixed with little bits of peanut butter cups and topped by toasted marshmallows. Do you have your spoon ready yet? Because you’re going to need it.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini Sâ€™mores Pies
Yield: Makes 6 mini pies
- 1 package Keebler â€œReady Crustâ€ Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- 3 large chocolate chip cookie dough balls*, cut in half
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz (1/3 heaping cup) peanut butter
- 2 oz reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped miniature peanut butter cups
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Begin by spreading 1 tablespoon of marshmallow creme in each of the mini crusts. Do this gently so the crusts donâ€™t break. Then place 1 cookie dough half, cut side down, on the creme. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Set aside. Whip cream to soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar. Slowly add melted chocolate and continue to cream until smooth and softened. Gently fold whipped cream into chocolate â€“ peanut butter mixture by hand, followed by the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Evenly spread the mousse into the prepared graham cracker crusts (you will have leftover mousse) and refrigerate pie until ready to serve, or at least a couple of hours.
- Before serving, top the pies with a handful of mini marshmallows, about 1/3 cup each.
- Place them on a baking sheet and put under the preheated broiler for 30 seconds (watch closely because they will burn fast), or toast marshmallows with a kitchen torch.
If you want more s’mores inspiration, check out my peanut butter s’mores ice cream.